General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
Every type of business should have an insurance policy, no matter its size or industry. Even the most careful, prepared and organized business owners will likely need to make a claim at some point. There are countless factors that are out of a business owner’s control, which makes it critical to have the proper protections in place.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability coverage is one of the most common types of insurance for businesses. General liability insurance helps cover claims that the business has caused some type of bodily harm or property damage to another party.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance applies to a range of situations. The most common are as follows:
What Are the Types of Liability Insurance?
- Third-party bodily injury—This type of coverage is used if a customer, client or patron is injured (e.g., slips, trips or falls) at the business. Bodily injury liability coverage can help cover the costs of their medical bills.
- Third-party property damage—This can help cover repairs or replacement costs if a business damages someone else’s personal belongings.
- Reputational harm—If someone sues a business for libel or slander because of something an employee or representative has said, reputational harm coverage can help cover the legal costs to defend the business.
- Advertising injury—In the event a company is sued for copyright infringement, advertising injury coverage can help cover legal costs.
General liability insurance isn’t the only liability insurance that companies should have. Some additional liability insurance types to consider include the following:
Why Do You Need General Liability Insurance?
- Commercial umbrella insurance can offer additional limits to help cover more expensive claims.
- Employment practices liability insurance can help cover legal costs if a current or former employee sues for wrongful termination, discrimination or harassment that occurred during their employment.
- Management liability insurance can help protect directors and officers from claims.
- Commercial auto insurance can provide coverage for employees when driving company-owned vehicles.
General liability insurance provides a safety net for a variety of unpredictable circumstances. You may never have to use it, but you will be thankful to have it if you do. Insurance will help your business recover more quickly and return to normal operations. If the situation is damaging enough, lacking the proper coverage could even end a business altogether.
General Liability Insurance Quote Near Lafayette, LA
Get a general liability insurance quote today from DJW Insurance Agency. We will ensure your business has the coverage it needs to operate without worry.