Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Business insurance can be a complicated subject. There are so many different coverages, requirements and myths about what business insurance does and doesn't cover. The main truth is that businesses need business insurance. That insurance may vary by industry and depending on the size of the company, however.
It's a lot to sort through, but we can help. DJW Insurance Agency makes insurance easy for business owners by providing professional service and affordable policies.
Common Business Insurance Questions In Acadiana:
Why Do I Need Business Insurance In Louisiana?
Louisiana is home to about 437,437 small businesses. Most businesses close within the first couple years due to monetary issues. It’s important to protect your company’s assets from every possibility. For instance, in Louisiana, flooding presents an especially heinous problem.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
There are multiple types of business insurance policies. These can be tailored for specific industries or created for general company needs.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This policy is geared to work for vehicles used or owned by the business. Personal auto insurance policies won't cover work-related accidents. Commercial auto insurance can cover a fleet of company vehicles or even personal vehicles used for the company. Also check that your commercial auto insurance policy includes non-owner coverage and rented vehicle coverage.
- General Liability Insurance: If someone is injured or property is damaged due to regular business operations, general liability insurance steps in to pay for the damages and possible legal fees.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: Businesses are generally required to carry workers compensation coverage. This pays medical fees and possible legal fees if an employee is injured at work. This isn't related to company-sponsored health insurance.
- Business Owner's Policies: This bundled package combines liability and property insurance coverages into one policy.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance: Also known as professional liability insurance, this coverage protects a business if the company makes a mistake that results in financial loss for their client.
- Property Damage: This covers the actual, physical structure of the business against such instances as fire, theft, vandalism and windstorms. This coverage doesn't often include flood insurance. Businesses in Louisiana should invest in a separate flood insurance policy.
What Insurance Do You Need For A Small Business In Louisiana?
Louisiana requires all businesses to carry workers compensation insurance and commercial auto insurance, if applicable. Businesses — no matter what size — should also invest in general liability, professional liability and cyber liability coverage.
How Much Is Small Business Insurance Per Month In Louisiana?
Business insurance rates vary depending on a variety of factors. This includes the amount and type of insurance purchased, as well as the industry the business is in. You may pay as much as $5,000 a year or as little as $300 a year in general liability for a small business.
Do I Need Business Insurance For My LLC In Louisiana?
Though you may not be required to carry insurance for your LLC in Louisiana, insurance agencies recommend you carry some form of business insurance. If you have employees, you will need workers compensation insurance.
Get Started Today
Don't wait to insure your business. One bad claim or accident can wipe out a company's savings, especially if it's just starting out. DJW Insurance Agency provides reliable insurance at affordable prices. Call us today at (337) 364-7614 or fill out an online quote form to get started. You can also visit us at one of our locations.